The history of the Radha Damodara temple from when the six Gosvamis kept their Deities in the trees under which they slept. Srila Jiva Gosvami directed the original temple construction, completed in its present form 250 years ago. Srila Prabhupada spent many years in Vrindavan. In 1959 he moved into the temple, formally taking sannyasa. After leaving Vrindavana to preach in the West he often returned to Radha Damodara.