Character of One in Ecstatic Love
Rupa Gosvami describes the characteristics of a person who has actually developed his ecstatic love for Krishna. The characteristics are as follows:
* He is always anxious to utilize his time in the devotional service of the Lord. He does not like to be idle. He wants service always, twenty four hours a day, without deviation.
* He is always reserved and perseverant.
* He is always detached from all material attraction.
* He does not long for any material respect in turn for his activities.
* He is always certain that Krishna will bestow His mercy upon him.
* He is always eager to serve the Lord faithfully.
* He is very much attached to the chanting of the holy names of the Lord.
* He is always eager to describe transcendental qualities of the Lord.
* He is very pleased to live in a place where the Lord’s pastimes are performed e.g. Mathura, Vrindavan, Dvaraka.