Be a wizard at using herbs to transform your life
Did you know your kitchen can be a storehouse of magical remedies and potions? All you will need are a handful of herbs and they will revamp your everyday foods into powerful healers and elixirs! With plenty of color photographs and clear explanations, you will:
• Learn about the medicinal values of herbs and plants and how to use them in your daily cooking
• Access more than 100 ancient recipes from southern India for ready preparation at your next family meal or forthcoming dinner party
• Know the most essential herbal tool kits that can be stocked in your kitchen and that are easily available
• Explore the secrets of yoga that are rarely taught in modern classes
• Discover the right food combination knowing which specific foods work best with specific herbs
• Understand how to lose weight and bring out your aura with certain natural sugars and fats that are actually good for you
• Spot those tropical fruits that are so healthy, they may even cure cancer
• Achieve beautiful skin and hair with easy combinations of herbs and oils made in your own kitchen
• Increase your sensitivity and intuition through proper diet and cleansing
Also find out how to:
• Improve your memory power through seldom taught daily yoga exercises
• Subtly affect your state of mind with the secret geometry of kolam art
Let Uma turn you into a magician in the kitchen by helping you create your own herbal concoctions.
Uma Swaminathan holds a degree in cultural anthropology from Rutgers University, USA. She learned about gardening and herbs from her biologist and scientist father and mouth-watering, holistic recipes from her mother and forebears. A classical dancer and a prolific painter, Uma also has a private pilot’s license under her wings.